Media double standard comes to forefront as all three major networks, ABC, CBS and NBC ignore left leaning Oliver Stone’s anti-Semitic rant. The full credit for all these stats should be given to Jeff Jacoby of the Boston Globe.
When Mel Gibson teed off (drunk) on a Malibu police officer the following happened:
- 1,077 articles appeared on Nexis about his rant
- New York Times made it a page 1 story, and followed up with two more days of much longer stories
- LA Times made it on page 1 for three days with several stories inside the covers
- Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson said cut him no slack
- Baba Wawa (Barbara Walters) on The View said she would not go see another Mel Gibson movie ever again
- Slate ostracized Gibson
But when Oliver Stone tees off (sober) about how Jewish dominated media prevents Hitler from being seen in the right context……well you be the judge.
- Nexis has fewer than 150 stories on Stone’s statements
- ABC, CBS and NBC news programs have ZERO coverage of Stone’s rant
- The New York Times covers it briefly in two small clips in their “Arts, Briefly” section
- Slate was silent
- An LA Times blogger practically defended Stone
Now don’t mistake the point of my article. Both men said some pretty bad things about Jews. In no way do we condone any of them. The whole reason this post exists is to point out that the Main Stream Media can easily be dubbed the Drive By Smeardia and the slant is determined by how left or right leaning someone is.
In my opinion, Gibson got OfficiallyScrewed (and deserved it). But Stone got a slap on the wrist (and deserved to get OfficiallyScrewed too).