All this week, Glenn Beck has had a special series on entitled “Reasonable Questions in Unreasonable Times”. He is asking Americans to stand up and do their own research. Do not blindly follow him or Bill O’Reilly or Rush Limbaugh. But instead, follow your own gut. Here are some of the questions from Day 1 (Day 2 to 5 will follow). Simply READING some of these questions should wake people up to what is going on in their own country. I know I will never be able to answer all these questions, especially since I am a Canadian, but I will do my best to help point people in the right direction.
– Our unfunded liability for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is close to $100 trillion. Is there any way to pay for these programs without bankrupting America?
– We are in so much debt, why spend more borrowed money on cap-and-trade and healthcare programs before we stop the flow of red-ink?
– The stimulus package funneled billions of dollars to ACORN. How does giving billions of dollars to ACORN stimulate the economy?
– If it was so important for congress to pass the stimulus bill before they even had time to read it why has only a fraction of the stimulus money been spent 6 months later?
– Bush said he had to abandon free market principles in order to save them, how exactly does that work?
– Why won’t members of Congress read the bills before they vote on them?
– Why are citizens mocked and laughed at when they ask their congressman to read the bills before they vote on them?
– Was the cash-for-clunkers program meant to save the earth or the economy? Did it accomplish either?
– How did Van Jones, a self-proclaimed communist become a special advisor to the president?
– Did President Obama know of Van Jones’ radical political beliefs when he named him special advisor?
– The Apollo Alliance claimed credit for writing the stimulus bill—why was this group allowed to write any portion of this bill?
– If politicians aren’t writing the bills and aren’t reading the bills, do they have any idea what these 1000 page plus bills actually impose on the American people?
– If the ‘public option’ health care plan is so good why won’t politicians agree to have that as their plan?
– If town hall meetings are intended for the politicians to learn what’s on our mind—why do they spend so much time talking instead of listening?
– Politicians are refusing to attend town hall meetings complaining, without evidence, that they are scripted. Does that mean we shouldn’t come out and vote for you since every campaign stop, baby kiss and speech you give is scripted?
– Why would you want to overwhelm the system?
– Is using the economic crises to rush legislation through congress what Rahm Emanuel meant when he talked about “not letting a crises go to waste”?
– What are the czars paid? What is the budget for their staffs/offices?